Skip to main content

It's MY Party!!!!

Birthday Balloons

Actually, I'm too old for parties so now I have to settle for the following:

Me telling my kids that it was my birthday this morning because Wade forgot.  And then reminding them that it's MY day and they should be extra good.

Me making Kohl and my nephew tell me Happy Birthday every time they needed something today.  And singing too.  :)

My mom calling me at lunch when Wade was in here which jarred his memory real quick like. 

I will continue the day with making my kids wait on me all evening.  Ahhhhhh....I love MY DAY.

I also treated myself to some new trail running shoes.  It's the right thing to do.
Brooks 'Adrenaline ASR' Trail Shoe (Women)

Comments

  1. In honor of your birthday, I treated myself to a pair as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there: I'm a health writer for TODAY.com, and I'm working on a piece on gluten-free cosmetics. I'm hoping to find a celiac patient who's had a reaction to gluten in a beauty product -- and I came across a comment from you on another blog post in which you said that had happened to you!

    I know this is a totally weird way to contact you, but if you're interested in telling me about what happened for the story I'm working on -- shoot me an email at melissa[dot]dahl[at]msnbc[dot]com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January????? Are you sure about that???.............

Sixty-two degrees today.  WTH????!!!!!! I love it.  Last year's snow storm in October made winter in Nebraska feel like the frozen tundra.  This year's winter has a chance of lasting as long as: The wedding of a certain celebrity couple.  Whoop Whoop!!! I'm getting older.  I don't particularly like the snow or the cold.  Unless it involves Butterscotch Schnapps.  Mmmmmmm.....Yummy. I planned on running in the warm weather today but had to get on that damn treadmill again cause the wind was blowing too hard.  Good news is it's supposed to stay warm for awhile!  I'm not complaining!  I WILL be complaining when we have a foot of snow on the ground in March and I get high centered trying to go for a run down our gravel road.  :)  That would be a scary sight.  Day 2 of Operation No Diet Coke is going well.  I haven't craved it, been a bitch to anyone (that I know of), or completely lost my cool.  We also ha...

iPhone Bliss.....Diet Coke Karma........Gluten Free Friday (oops)

Which means that Fedex finally arrived!!!!  Well, not exactly true.  They arrived, in town 20+ miles from my house and thought they'd just drop it off at the school for me.  How thoughtful of them.  Blahhhhhh........ Cause I don't work at the school, or anywhere in town for that matter.  At least it was in the direction of picking up the older child from his school.  Point is.......I GOT IT!!!  I LOVE IT!!!!  And I shouldn't be this excited about getting a new phone, but I am so shut it!!!  On to other business.  Yesterday was day 5 of no diet coke.  Well, it turned into 4 days of no diet coke and me drinking one when I got to town (to pick up my BADASS iPhone) cause I had a terrible headache yesterday.  I was almost certain I had not been glutened so I assumed that the headache was from going cold turkey on the diet coke.  The good thing was, it didn't taste near as wonderful as I thought it would.  It did get rid ...