Skip to main content

The Great Divide...

And I'm not talking about plumber's crack!! 



I ventured out for a run this morning after dropping off the boys.  When I looked out the window, the windmill was barely turning by the meadow so I assumed that was a good sign.  It tricked me.  I realized at the corner that I would be running mile 2 into the wind.  Damn the luck!!  At 1.5 I met Shane on the road and he held up his gator to see if I needed it.  He must have felt sorry for me.  I wasn't cold at that point though so I waved him on.  At the turn around I realized I'd be into the wind for at least a mile.  But I kicked that miles ass.  And pry a little more cause I'm pretty sure at one point the wind was actually pushing me backwards. 

  NOT so much like this guy, but you get the point......

Why The Great Divide????
I forgot how much I love that band!!!  I listened to quite the playlist this morning.  Everything from Waylon to Lady Gaga.  And ended up on the last 1/2 mile listening to The Great Divide.  Love them!!  Or maybe I just loved that for the last 1/2 mile the wind was actually pushing me FORWARD.....

You know what else I love???  My new trail running shoes!!!  Brooks.  Who knew??  Oh ya, Miranda knew.  Thanks for the tip!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's MY Party!!!!

Actually, I'm too old for parties so now I have to settle for the following: Me telling my kids that it was my birthday this morning because Wade forgot.  And then reminding them that it's MY day and they should be extra good. Me making Kohl and my nephew tell me Happy Birthday every time they needed something today.  And singing too.  :) My mom calling me at lunch when Wade was in here which jarred his memory real quick like.  I will continue the day with making my kids wait on me all evening.  Ahhhhhh....I love MY DAY. I also treated myself to some new trail running shoes.  It's the right thing to do.

Here goes nothing!

Recently my sister got me started reading blogs.  Funny, laugh out loud, real life people doing and saying things that make me laugh.  Love them!  So, having no extra time in my day, I decided I'd give it a try.  Why the hell not.  My life is full of stupid crap that no one everyone will want to read about.  First thing I had to come up with a name.  Problem was, everything I could think of was not appropriate for some that might read this.  Those that know me, know that I cuss.  Alot.  It's a terrible thing some of the filth that comes out of my mouth.  So, disclaimer..... I CUSS ALOT !!!!!!   Recently I started running.  I used to despise the thought of it.  I had visions of passing out while jogging 1/4 of a mile and would lay there till my husband, a hired man, or one of the horses/cows/dogs would find me.   But let's face it.  I'm not getting any younger.  And what's the...

iPhone Bliss.....Diet Coke Karma........Gluten Free Friday (oops)

Which means that Fedex finally arrived!!!!  Well, not exactly true.  They arrived, in town 20+ miles from my house and thought they'd just drop it off at the school for me.  How thoughtful of them.  Blahhhhhh........ Cause I don't work at the school, or anywhere in town for that matter.  At least it was in the direction of picking up the older child from his school.  Point is.......I GOT IT!!!  I LOVE IT!!!!  And I shouldn't be this excited about getting a new phone, but I am so shut it!!!  On to other business.  Yesterday was day 5 of no diet coke.  Well, it turned into 4 days of no diet coke and me drinking one when I got to town (to pick up my BADASS iPhone) cause I had a terrible headache yesterday.  I was almost certain I had not been glutened so I assumed that the headache was from going cold turkey on the diet coke.  The good thing was, it didn't taste near as wonderful as I thought it would.  It did get rid ...