Skip to main content

Taking a run on the dreadmill.........

This is sorta how I feel when I have to run on the treadmill.   I've come to dread it!!  I would much rather run outside, but there are days when I just have enough time to run upstairs and start up the treadmill.  I try to watch mindless reality tv that requires no deep thought or concentration.  What I usually end up doing though is watching my mileage and at the EXACT moment I hit my target for the day, I hurtle myself from that damn machine.  Literally, I cannot get off fast enough. 

A few weeks ago we spent the night at my MIL's house.  She just got her home gym all set up and so I used her treadmill for a quick workout while I was there.  I despise her...............because she has a BITCHIN treadmill.  Seriously, felt like I was floating on a cloud instead of pounding the concrete like mine now feels like after experiencing HEAVEN on hers.  This is how I felt while on the BITCHIN treadmill.
No REALLY!!!!!!!!  It was like I was outside cause it has one of those monitors with the cool picture of nature.  Did I mention it's like a cloud!!!!  Maybe she won't notice me moving hers out and putting mine in it's place.........

Recently my sis posted a blog about coming up with a "mantra" for running.  I had no idea what mine should be or is when I'm running.  "Bitch Don't Quit!!!!" came to mind but didn't seem real appropriate.  This one jumped out at me today though.  I like it. 
In fact, I LOVE IT!!!!  Cause who doesn't want to make themselves proud.  THEMSELVES.  Forget what everyone else thinks.  Just make yourself proud.  I will never be proud if I give up.  So, this is my new mantra.   I should now consider writing this on my chest the day of the 1/2 marathon.  I wouldn't forget!!!!!

Comments

  1. LOVE IT! Just write it on your stomach...you know how I feel about permanment inking of mantras, hahah!!
    I when you steal Terri's treadmill, send me yours, because I bet yours is like a cloud compared to mine. The great treadmill swap....could happen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's MY Party!!!!

Actually, I'm too old for parties so now I have to settle for the following: Me telling my kids that it was my birthday this morning because Wade forgot.  And then reminding them that it's MY day and they should be extra good. Me making Kohl and my nephew tell me Happy Birthday every time they needed something today.  And singing too.  :) My mom calling me at lunch when Wade was in here which jarred his memory real quick like.  I will continue the day with making my kids wait on me all evening.  Ahhhhhh....I love MY DAY. I also treated myself to some new trail running shoes.  It's the right thing to do.

January????? Are you sure about that???.............

Sixty-two degrees today.  WTH????!!!!!! I love it.  Last year's snow storm in October made winter in Nebraska feel like the frozen tundra.  This year's winter has a chance of lasting as long as: The wedding of a certain celebrity couple.  Whoop Whoop!!! I'm getting older.  I don't particularly like the snow or the cold.  Unless it involves Butterscotch Schnapps.  Mmmmmmm.....Yummy. I planned on running in the warm weather today but had to get on that damn treadmill again cause the wind was blowing too hard.  Good news is it's supposed to stay warm for awhile!  I'm not complaining!  I WILL be complaining when we have a foot of snow on the ground in March and I get high centered trying to go for a run down our gravel road.  :)  That would be a scary sight.  Day 2 of Operation No Diet Coke is going well.  I haven't craved it, been a bitch to anyone (that I know of), or completely lost my cool.  We also ha...

iPhone Bliss.....Diet Coke Karma........Gluten Free Friday (oops)

Which means that Fedex finally arrived!!!!  Well, not exactly true.  They arrived, in town 20+ miles from my house and thought they'd just drop it off at the school for me.  How thoughtful of them.  Blahhhhhh........ Cause I don't work at the school, or anywhere in town for that matter.  At least it was in the direction of picking up the older child from his school.  Point is.......I GOT IT!!!  I LOVE IT!!!!  And I shouldn't be this excited about getting a new phone, but I am so shut it!!!  On to other business.  Yesterday was day 5 of no diet coke.  Well, it turned into 4 days of no diet coke and me drinking one when I got to town (to pick up my BADASS iPhone) cause I had a terrible headache yesterday.  I was almost certain I had not been glutened so I assumed that the headache was from going cold turkey on the diet coke.  The good thing was, it didn't taste near as wonderful as I thought it would.  It did get rid ...