Skip to main content

Griswold Family Christmas......COMPLETE!!!



Ahhhhhhhhh...........(big sigh of relief) and I'm spent!  Another family Christmas is in the books.  Why does it always seem like it's a big freakin circus??  Christmas Eve we headed into Wade's grandpa's house to have a little get together and open presents with his mom.  Fairly low key cause his family is so small and it's pretty much us, the kids and his mom & her husband.  Kids opened presents, I drank wine and it was Merry!

Then the chaos began!  Good chaos though.  Just a shitload few more people at my mom's house.  Remember, the Greeks.  Only we aren't Greek.
Nine grandkids and 6 of them young, wild, and LOUD!!!  They had a wonderful time though and each got a remote control helicopter.  That we all agreed should stay in the boxes until we each got home to our own houses.  That is, all of us except my husband.  Who was more eager to play with them than the kids. 
Which explains the constipated look on his face at me when I told him to quit getting it out of the box...... :)  He loves me!  And showed his love with my 2 kick ass presents he got me this year!!  He ROCKS!!!
A new gun!  And some diamond earrings!!!  Can't get any better than that!  Whoop Whoop!!

We had a great time this year as always!  I had to get out of the house when everyone left and get a quick 2 mile run in.  Needed some fresh air and also needed to get my ass up and moving after stuffing myself beyond my limit! 

Oh, and my MIL got me a kick ass new soda machine.  All natural soda and tons of flavors to choose from.  She's subtly trying to get me to quit drinking diet pop cause she thinks it's going to kill me.  :)  Tried out the root beer flavor today and it's FABULOUS!  Her evil plan might just work!

Comments

  1. A gun and diamonds....even though Im not much of a jewelry girl that sounds like a great Christmas to me!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's MY Party!!!!

Actually, I'm too old for parties so now I have to settle for the following: Me telling my kids that it was my birthday this morning because Wade forgot.  And then reminding them that it's MY day and they should be extra good. Me making Kohl and my nephew tell me Happy Birthday every time they needed something today.  And singing too.  :) My mom calling me at lunch when Wade was in here which jarred his memory real quick like.  I will continue the day with making my kids wait on me all evening.  Ahhhhhh....I love MY DAY. I also treated myself to some new trail running shoes.  It's the right thing to do.

iPhone Bliss.....Diet Coke Karma........Gluten Free Friday (oops)

Which means that Fedex finally arrived!!!!  Well, not exactly true.  They arrived, in town 20+ miles from my house and thought they'd just drop it off at the school for me.  How thoughtful of them.  Blahhhhhh........ Cause I don't work at the school, or anywhere in town for that matter.  At least it was in the direction of picking up the older child from his school.  Point is.......I GOT IT!!!  I LOVE IT!!!!  And I shouldn't be this excited about getting a new phone, but I am so shut it!!!  On to other business.  Yesterday was day 5 of no diet coke.  Well, it turned into 4 days of no diet coke and me drinking one when I got to town (to pick up my BADASS iPhone) cause I had a terrible headache yesterday.  I was almost certain I had not been glutened so I assumed that the headache was from going cold turkey on the diet coke.  The good thing was, it didn't taste near as wonderful as I thought it would.  It did get rid ...

Here goes nothing!

Recently my sister got me started reading blogs.  Funny, laugh out loud, real life people doing and saying things that make me laugh.  Love them!  So, having no extra time in my day, I decided I'd give it a try.  Why the hell not.  My life is full of stupid crap that no one everyone will want to read about.  First thing I had to come up with a name.  Problem was, everything I could think of was not appropriate for some that might read this.  Those that know me, know that I cuss.  Alot.  It's a terrible thing some of the filth that comes out of my mouth.  So, disclaimer..... I CUSS ALOT !!!!!!   Recently I started running.  I used to despise the thought of it.  I had visions of passing out while jogging 1/4 of a mile and would lay there till my husband, a hired man, or one of the horses/cows/dogs would find me.   But let's face it.  I'm not getting any younger.  And what's the...