Skip to main content

Hello??!!!........Anyone there??!!!

I'm BACK!!!  At least for a day anyway.  :)  It's raining out today.  THANK YOU GOD!!  People keep asking me where the hell I've been and why haven't I been blogging or answering my phone during the day.  I'll tell ya why.  Until I get a phone in my yard, down in the barn, or anywhere outside for that matter, you're not going to be able to reach me during the day.  I absolutely love this time of year.  It's been so nice here I haven't been able to make myself stay inside for very long.  Flower beds are cleaned out and stuff is growing already!  Mowed my yard yesterday to get all the yuck off of it, turned on the underground sprinklers (which are leaking in the control box so have to get that fixed), and put down some grass seed just in time for the rain today. 

I'll tell ya how much I love being outside this time of year.  Last weekend I knew I wanted to ride and do yardwork on Saturday.  I freaking hate the treadmill.  But, I knew if I wanted to get my long run for the week in that it was gonna have to be on the mill so I could ride in the afternoon.  I ran 7.5 miles on that damn thing.  Turned on the new Footloose movie (which I wanted to hate so bad cause I loved the first one so much) and I thought it was great!  It helped to pass the time and I got it done so I could do other stuff in the afternoon.  Hopefully I will not have to do a repeat of that anytime soon though.  Outside is much better for running!

Here's a little recap of what you've missed in my life since I last blogged.  (Which was forever ago and you'll soon realize that nothing exciting has really happened in my life cause I'm boring.)

1.   Calving has hit full force.  We're getting tons of babies so everyone is super busy and running around like idiots most of the day. 

2.   Knight helped pull his first calf and proceeded to tell me that he'd stuck his arm up a cow's "you know what".  Super impressed with himself. 

3.   Scarred my nephew for life when he witnessed his first calf bed falling out and having to help push it back in so Wade could sew her up.  :)  Good times.

4.   Laid down the freakin law with the boys because their potty mouths were getting out of hand!!  It's been so much more pleasant around our house the last week since I threatened them with their lives.  :) 

5.  Knight turned 8!!  Holy crap I still can't believe that I have an 8 year old.  People are going to quit believing that I'm only 25 here pretty soon.  :)

6.  Kohl stole Knight's old horse and told Wade he would sell him his horse "Pete" (which is Wade's horse anyway).  When I asked him what he was going to sell him for he told me he was worth $43.  Anyone wants a really good ranch horse for cheap you might want to hit Kohl up!!

Well, told you that would bore you to death.  I'll try and liven things up a bit around here so I have something exciting to blog about.  The boys and I are headed to Fort Collins this weekend for shopping vacation.  I'm sure I'll have some great stories after that!!

Comments

  1. Hey girl - yes I'm here!! Love your blog:-) Sounds like calving is crazy for you guys - its been going pretty well for us so far, except that we're all tired and only 1/4 of the way done...ugh! How can that be possible? It seems like it should be May - maybe thats why it feels so weird - the daffodils are blooming already.

    Tell Kohl if I didn't have too many horses already that I'd buy his horse from him, LOL:-) I can only imagine what he'd do with the money:-)

    Tell the guys hi for me:-)

    LaRee.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's MY Party!!!!

Actually, I'm too old for parties so now I have to settle for the following: Me telling my kids that it was my birthday this morning because Wade forgot.  And then reminding them that it's MY day and they should be extra good. Me making Kohl and my nephew tell me Happy Birthday every time they needed something today.  And singing too.  :) My mom calling me at lunch when Wade was in here which jarred his memory real quick like.  I will continue the day with making my kids wait on me all evening.  Ahhhhhh....I love MY DAY. I also treated myself to some new trail running shoes.  It's the right thing to do.

January????? Are you sure about that???.............

Sixty-two degrees today.  WTH????!!!!!! I love it.  Last year's snow storm in October made winter in Nebraska feel like the frozen tundra.  This year's winter has a chance of lasting as long as: The wedding of a certain celebrity couple.  Whoop Whoop!!! I'm getting older.  I don't particularly like the snow or the cold.  Unless it involves Butterscotch Schnapps.  Mmmmmmm.....Yummy. I planned on running in the warm weather today but had to get on that damn treadmill again cause the wind was blowing too hard.  Good news is it's supposed to stay warm for awhile!  I'm not complaining!  I WILL be complaining when we have a foot of snow on the ground in March and I get high centered trying to go for a run down our gravel road.  :)  That would be a scary sight.  Day 2 of Operation No Diet Coke is going well.  I haven't craved it, been a bitch to anyone (that I know of), or completely lost my cool.  We also ha...

And I'm spent........

Whew!!!  WHAT A DAY!!  I successfully renovated our attic into a usable space for the kids, dressed myself for the entire next month, made a months worth of gluten free meals, and got some great running tips.  I deserve some sort of reward.  :)  I spent all some of the morning on Pinterest.  I had heard about this site from my BFF Tiff awhile back but had never spent much time on there.  Then I forgot about it until my sis-in-law was telling me all about these home renovation ideas on there.  I had NO CLUE what all you could find on this site.  I'm going to have to limit myself because I've already picked out complete new colors for our house.  That we just painted 5 years ago.  Wade's REALLY NOT excited.  I have new shoes picked out and in my shopping cart at various sites, and much much more.  NOT GOOD.   I could not allow myself to start anything until I look like this...............Might be awh...