Skip to main content

Sunday Funday.....



And Sunday Funday it was.  Wade and the boys were supposed to go fishing today and I was headed to a barrel race.   Rain changed both those plans.  Barrel race cancelled and fishing a no go with lightening and thunder this morning.  I mean, my kids drive me bat shit crazy some days but I didn't want them to be struck down and wind up being fish bait.  Wade, Shane and all the boy kids decided a trip to Cabelas would be fun.  I decided that sitting on the couch watching a movie would be even more fun so that's exactly what I did.  It was like a small piece of heaven for someone that NEVER gets to run the remote or watch a movie that I may or may not have watched more than once.  This afternoon the sun finally decided to shine so I spent the afternoon in the yard.  I'm semi full out crazy about my yard and flower beds.  And while they never seem to look perfect, I do my best when we are home in the summer to get them in tip top shape.  I relinquished control a week ago and allowed the youngest child to mow the lawn.  Yeah.....that will NEVER happen again.  Apparently he had temporary brain fogs and left tiny patches here and there. 
Busy week ahead with the first of our Sandhills Summer Series roping and barrel race.  The kids have their first Jr. Rodeo's this weekend so practice and more practice for that.  I'm planning on getting my ass out of bed early now that it's warming up and getting my runs in then.  If the mosquitos don't eat me alive. 
Update on the first week of Take Shape for Life......Down 6 lbs!!!  Can't wait to see what the next few weeks bring.  I'm not craving junk food so that is a super bonus.  Cause I can eat a whole pan of brownies like it's my job. 
Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's MY Party!!!!

Actually, I'm too old for parties so now I have to settle for the following: Me telling my kids that it was my birthday this morning because Wade forgot.  And then reminding them that it's MY day and they should be extra good. Me making Kohl and my nephew tell me Happy Birthday every time they needed something today.  And singing too.  :) My mom calling me at lunch when Wade was in here which jarred his memory real quick like.  I will continue the day with making my kids wait on me all evening.  Ahhhhhh....I love MY DAY. I also treated myself to some new trail running shoes.  It's the right thing to do.

Here goes nothing!

Recently my sister got me started reading blogs.  Funny, laugh out loud, real life people doing and saying things that make me laugh.  Love them!  So, having no extra time in my day, I decided I'd give it a try.  Why the hell not.  My life is full of stupid crap that no one everyone will want to read about.  First thing I had to come up with a name.  Problem was, everything I could think of was not appropriate for some that might read this.  Those that know me, know that I cuss.  Alot.  It's a terrible thing some of the filth that comes out of my mouth.  So, disclaimer..... I CUSS ALOT !!!!!!   Recently I started running.  I used to despise the thought of it.  I had visions of passing out while jogging 1/4 of a mile and would lay there till my husband, a hired man, or one of the horses/cows/dogs would find me.   But let's face it.  I'm not getting any younger.  And what's the...

And the award goes toooo................

ME!!! I did it. I finally feel like maybe I could win that Mother Of The Year award.  You know, the one I have failed miserably at for 8 years so far.  I'm really feeling like the last 2 days have earned me that title.  I'm sure I'll do something to f%@& that up soon enough, but for now I'm celebrating my ass off.  I painted Knight's room like I promised him and I do have to say.  It's freakin awesome.  I really love it so much I contemplated painting the whole damn thing camo.  I mean really.  What else do I have to do with my days.  Right??  Wrong!!  It's pretty bad ass though.  If Knight doesn't like it then I'm going to sleep here.  :)  I love it.  I got the tank for the wall.  Thought it was going to be bigger but it works.  The helicopter for his ceiling should be here soon!  I had a ton of fun doing this project.  And if he doesn't like it, I'm selling him.  :) ...