Skip to main content

Night terrors.......:(

Our oldest child has ALWAYS been terrified of the dark.  Ever since he was a baby and we'd walk out of a building at night and he'd cry till we got to the car and could turn on a light.  :(  I thought maybe we were getting out of that stage but lately it's getting worse.  To the point where last summer he decided he and his little brother should get bunk beds and share a room.  That's when I knew it was bad.  Who the hell wants to share a room with the red headed devil!!  Lately, Kohl has been falling asleep either in the chair before bed or immediately when his head hits the pillow.  For some reason, this freaks Knight out.  He wants to be the first to fall asleep. 

This week has been particularly bad with the night/dark terrors.  I've tried everything short of sleeping meds to try and get him to sleep soundly.  I feel terrible for him.  He decided last night he should try sleeping in his old room.  It worked for a few hours but this morning he was on our floor sleeping.  When he was 3 I redecorated his room with his favorite cartoon character and he loved it.  Eventually slept great!  So, I figure it's time for the army to take over.  His room is getting a military makeover.  I mean really, what night creatures are going to get past this:

Product Details  What kid wouldn't want an army tank on their wall to protect them?

I also ordered him camo bedding, some army posters, and this badass toy chest.

Product Details  And......I'm going to paint one of his walls camo.  He requested the whole room being camo but I thought that might be a little too much.  :)  I should get him a sign for his door.  Something to keep out "night things".  I'm thinking this would NOT be appropriate.



Funny???  YES!  Appropriate??  NO!!

Wish me luck.  And if anyone has a desire to help paint a wall camo......come on over!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's MY Party!!!!

Actually, I'm too old for parties so now I have to settle for the following: Me telling my kids that it was my birthday this morning because Wade forgot.  And then reminding them that it's MY day and they should be extra good. Me making Kohl and my nephew tell me Happy Birthday every time they needed something today.  And singing too.  :) My mom calling me at lunch when Wade was in here which jarred his memory real quick like.  I will continue the day with making my kids wait on me all evening.  Ahhhhhh....I love MY DAY. I also treated myself to some new trail running shoes.  It's the right thing to do.

January????? Are you sure about that???.............

Sixty-two degrees today.  WTH????!!!!!! I love it.  Last year's snow storm in October made winter in Nebraska feel like the frozen tundra.  This year's winter has a chance of lasting as long as: The wedding of a certain celebrity couple.  Whoop Whoop!!! I'm getting older.  I don't particularly like the snow or the cold.  Unless it involves Butterscotch Schnapps.  Mmmmmmm.....Yummy. I planned on running in the warm weather today but had to get on that damn treadmill again cause the wind was blowing too hard.  Good news is it's supposed to stay warm for awhile!  I'm not complaining!  I WILL be complaining when we have a foot of snow on the ground in March and I get high centered trying to go for a run down our gravel road.  :)  That would be a scary sight.  Day 2 of Operation No Diet Coke is going well.  I haven't craved it, been a bitch to anyone (that I know of), or completely lost my cool.  We also ha...

iPhone Bliss.....Diet Coke Karma........Gluten Free Friday (oops)

Which means that Fedex finally arrived!!!!  Well, not exactly true.  They arrived, in town 20+ miles from my house and thought they'd just drop it off at the school for me.  How thoughtful of them.  Blahhhhhh........ Cause I don't work at the school, or anywhere in town for that matter.  At least it was in the direction of picking up the older child from his school.  Point is.......I GOT IT!!!  I LOVE IT!!!!  And I shouldn't be this excited about getting a new phone, but I am so shut it!!!  On to other business.  Yesterday was day 5 of no diet coke.  Well, it turned into 4 days of no diet coke and me drinking one when I got to town (to pick up my BADASS iPhone) cause I had a terrible headache yesterday.  I was almost certain I had not been glutened so I assumed that the headache was from going cold turkey on the diet coke.  The good thing was, it didn't taste near as wonderful as I thought it would.  It did get rid ...