Skip to main content

Week 4 Update.....

Pretty sure I was MIA for week 3.  Not from the diet, just from the blog.  :)  Here is a short version of what I have been up to for the past week or so. 

Swimming lessons for 2 weeks......which meant driving to town every day 22 miles one way.  Fun times.....but the kids won't drown if thrown into a lake so that's a bonus.

Women's ranch rodeo......reunited with some of my best friends for a weekend of roping, tying down steers and branding calves.  So much fun!!


In between all these shenanigans, we are still chasing down our dogs every now and then when they decide to run to the neighbors.  Fuckers are pissing me off.  What really makes me angry is when I go to pick them up and they act all happy to see me.  No regret on their little faces, no remorse, just tail wagging and sloppy kisses like it's my JOB to pick them up from the neighbors.  Which I will continue to keep doing along with googling every possible way to keep them from exploring the world. 

Take Shape for Life Update......down 10 lbs in 4 weeks!  Still love the food, minus a few things that I just won't order next time.  Best thing is.....my mom is joining me!  She just started last Monday and by last Friday she was already down 8 lbs!  Holy craziness!  Shoot me a message if you want any info on this awesome way of getting healthier.  Or just check out my site....  Take Shape For Life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ode to the running shoe.......

Size 11.  And I'm not referring to my pant size.  That's my ginormous shoe size.  Who cares, you say!  I care.  I'm 5'3".  Yeah, you read that right.  I wear a size 11 shoe have a head the size of a watermelon and nothing in between stretched far enough to be called tall.  When my husband and I were dating, my future MIL asked me why I was wearing his shoes.  And she wasn't joking.  Not only are my feet huge, they are flat as a pancake.  I'm also bow legged and pigeon toed.  Major problem.  I was so bow legged when I was little my parents had to put Forest Gump braces on my legs at night to sleep.  Seriously.  And "f" off for laughing!!!!!   I have a hell of a time finding the right shoes.  Nothing was different when I began the search for the "perfect" running shoe. We live on a ranch 21 miles from the closest town and 100 miles from a Walmart.  I rarely run on pavement.  This is my running "track" most days and while I lo

January????? Are you sure about that???.............

Sixty-two degrees today.  WTH????!!!!!! I love it.  Last year's snow storm in October made winter in Nebraska feel like the frozen tundra.  This year's winter has a chance of lasting as long as: The wedding of a certain celebrity couple.  Whoop Whoop!!! I'm getting older.  I don't particularly like the snow or the cold.  Unless it involves Butterscotch Schnapps.  Mmmmmmm.....Yummy. I planned on running in the warm weather today but had to get on that damn treadmill again cause the wind was blowing too hard.  Good news is it's supposed to stay warm for awhile!  I'm not complaining!  I WILL be complaining when we have a foot of snow on the ground in March and I get high centered trying to go for a run down our gravel road.  :)  That would be a scary sight.  Day 2 of Operation No Diet Coke is going well.  I haven't craved it, been a bitch to anyone (that I know of), or completely lost my cool.  We also have a bet going on in our house of potty mouths

Here goes nothing!

Recently my sister got me started reading blogs.  Funny, laugh out loud, real life people doing and saying things that make me laugh.  Love them!  So, having no extra time in my day, I decided I'd give it a try.  Why the hell not.  My life is full of stupid crap that no one everyone will want to read about.  First thing I had to come up with a name.  Problem was, everything I could think of was not appropriate for some that might read this.  Those that know me, know that I cuss.  Alot.  It's a terrible thing some of the filth that comes out of my mouth.  So, disclaimer..... I CUSS ALOT !!!!!!   Recently I started running.  I used to despise the thought of it.  I had visions of passing out while jogging 1/4 of a mile and would lay there till my husband, a hired man, or one of the horses/cows/dogs would find me.   But let's face it.  I'm not getting any younger.  And what's the best thing for finding one's abs   becoming a healthier person, RUNNING.  So, I star